Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Week 9 - Thing #17

Wikis
In moments of sheer boredom and needing entertainment, I have pursued and enjoyed the "Random Article" component on Wikipedia.I have often found myself going off in search of information listed in the random article. I learned a lot of interesting things this way. Other than that I have not have much exposure to wikis.
The collaboration inherent in a wiki is interesting to me. It opens lots of possibilities for group projects allowing and encouraging many perspectives and accumulation of knowledge. I think it might be interesting to do book group wikis like Nancy Pearl's Book Lust group. It allows people at long distances to discuss books, rather than in a small community or one area of a community, as it is in my library.
I did sneak a peek the Simpson's wiki - fun! Colbert's "wikiality" maybe become my new word. and I also loved piece on book clubs.

No comments: